Cooking with Community Life - Episode 1
Katie Russos - Beatrice Ojakanga's Grandma's Ginger Crinke Cookies
To watch the video click HERE!
Beatrice Ojakanga’s Grandma’s Ginger Crinkle Cookies
2 1/4 c - All purpose flour
1/2 c - Candied(or un-candied) ginger
2 tsp - Baking soda
1 tsp - Ground cinnamon
1 tsp - Ground ginger
1/2 tsp - Ground clove
3/4 c - Butter or margarine (room temp)
1 c - Brown sugar (packed)
1/4 c - Molasses (dark or light)
1 - Egg (large)
3/4 c - Granulated sugar
- Preheat over to 350
- Cut candied ginger into bite size pieces
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves together. Once mixed, add candied ginger and mix until it is all coated and there are no clumps.
- Beat room temperature butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Beat in molasses and egg (mixture will look curdled).
- Gradually beat in flour mixture into wet ingredients until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Put granulated sugar in a small bowl. Shape tablespoons (or cookie dough scoop) of dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and make sure they’re about an 1 1/2 apart from on another.
- Bake for 10 minutes-12 minutes until tops crack, but cookies are still soft to the touch.
- Remove to wire rack and let completely cool.
Makes 54 cookies.
Calories - 73
Protein - 1
Carbs - 12
Fat - 3