Sacrament Preparation Requirements
If you would like to apply for your child to receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and/or Eucharist, please register your child for Religious Education classes.
In order to be eligible for reception of these Sacraments, the following requirements must be met:
- The child must be a baptized Catholic in grade 2 (or older) the Religious Education Program
- RE Department must receive proof of the child’s Catholic baptism. If baptized at Epiphany: fill out necessary information on application; if baptized elsewhere: obtain a copy of the Catholic Baptismal Certificate and include with the application for sacrament preparation classes. If you do not have the certificate, please contact the baptismal church and request a copy. If you have difficulty locating an address or phone number, please ask us for assistance.
- The child must be currently enrolled and attending Religious Education classes or attending Catholic school and ongoing participation in weekend Mass
- The program consists of Sunday afternoon classes which must be attended by at least one parent/guardian AND child. Weekly attendance at Religious Education classes continues to be required.
- Children 7 years and older who have not been baptized Catholic must attend regular Religious Education classes and apply to the RCIA - Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults and Children program.